Swim Center Closure – Updated 12/16/20
Due to the continued increase in COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and positivity rate, Austin Public Health has updated their guidelines and recommendations. Following these local health guidelines, the Swim Center will remain closed until the cases, hospitalizations and positivity rate come back down.
We are continuously monitoring the ongoing public health situation and will adjust our operations as needed to ensure the safety of our patrons, families, and team members.
Lap Swimming by Reservation Only
In an effort to meet strict social distancing requirements and capacity limits, and to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 throughout our community, the Swim Center Facility will be open for lap swim by reservation only.
Phone use is limited due to the current situation, email is the best way to get a hold of us. Please email email@example.com if you need assistance.
- Reservation time blocks are for a duration of 40 minutes.
- Registration for reservations will open online at 6:00 a.m. for the following day.
- Reservations are open for residents of Circle C HOA only. Non-Resident guests are not permitted at this time.
- In order to book a reservation, residents must be in good standing with the Circle C HOA, be of age 10 or older, and follow all pool rules, policies, and procedures.
- Per Pool Rules, residents age 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult parent/guardian. The accompanying adult may reserve an additional lane to swim in while their child is swimming, or they may sit at the chair located at the entrance to their child’s reserved lane. All other areas of the facility are closed.
- All reservations must be made online prior to arrival at the facility. No “walk-ins” will be allowed.
- Only residents registered for the reservation time will be admitted into the facility. Spectators (i.e. non-swimming children, etc.) are not permitted.
- Residents are limited to one reservation per day.
- The facility is open for active lap swim / aquatic exercise only. Recreational swimming, lounging or “tanning” on the pool deck or terrace is not permitted.
- There is a maximum of one resident per open lane. Lane sharing is not permitted at this time.
- Residents must swim in the center of their lane. “Circle Swimming” is not permitted at this time.
- Social distancing will be enforced. All residents must keep at least six (6) feet of distance between themselves and any other person not residing in the same household as the resident.
- All residents must wear face coverings while inside the facility. Face coverings must remain on at all times except for when the resident is inside the pool water. Face coverings are not permitted in the pool.
- In addition to a policy agreement during the booking process, all residents must sign a COVID-19 Liability Waiver prior to booking this reservation. Residents ages 17 and younger must have a parent sign this waiver on their behalf.
- Any residents displaying or confirming symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter the facility.
- There will be no showers or changing areas available. Residents must arrive at the facility ready to swim. Residents are not permitted to change in to, or out of, swim attire in the restrooms.
- There will be no water fountains available.
- Restrooms will be open, but will be limited to one person at a time.
- The Swim Center office and main entrance will remain closed at this time. Entry to the facility will be at the Cafe gate, and only at specified times.
- There will be no lounge furniture available for use.
- The facility will be closed in between reservation blocks for disinfection/sanitizing.
- There will be no “Lost & Found” system in place. Residents are responsible for taking their belongings with them. Any items left behind will be discarded after the reservation block.
How to Book a Lap Swim Reservation Time Block
- Make sure you have a Resident Information Form on file. – If you have previously submitted a Resident Information Form, and already have your Aquatics ID Card, proceed to Step #2. If you have not previously submitted a Resident Information Form, please click HERE for information on how to do so.
- Access your Daxko Account – If you have previously registered for a program with us, you probably have already enabled your Daxko account. You can visit your Daxko account by clicking HERE. If you need to enable your Daxko account, click “Find Account” on your Daxko account page (You will need to enter the last name, birth date, and zip code of the Primary Adult as it is listed on your Resident Information Form. If you have any difficulty accessing your Daxko account, please email our Program Coordinator, Amanda, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit our Lap Swim Reservation page HERE to book your Lap Swim Reservation Time Block
If you need to cancel your reservation, please email email@example.com.
- In order to cancel a reservation, an email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All cancellations must be made by 6am the day of the reservation.
- If two violations of this cancellation policy occur within a 60-day time period, there will be a suspension placed on the resident’s account for a period of thirty (30) days. Reservations will not be permitted during this suspension.
Arrival Procedures (Start of Reservation)
- Residents will enter the facility through the Cafe Gate.
- Residents must arrive no sooner than 5 minutes prior to the reservation start time.
- Residents will observe social distancing and face covering requirements while waiting in line to enter the facility. There will be social distancing markers to aide residents while waiting.
- Once called by the Aquatics Staff, residents will enter the facility one at a time.
- Each resident will check-in for their reservation by swiping their Aquatics ID Card. Aquatics Staff will verify the reservation upon check-in.
- Residents will be verbally screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Residents will arrive ready to swim. There will be no changing areas or showers available.
- Once checked in, residents will be assigned a lane and directed by the Aquatics Staff to the entry point of their lane. Lanes are assigned on a first come first serve basis.
- Residents must keep their personal belongings at the entry point of their lane.
Departure Procedures (End of Reservation)
- The Aquatics Staff will close the facility upon the end time of the reservation block.
- Residents must leave the facility no later than 5 minutes after the reservation end time.
- Residents will exit the facility through the Parking Lot Gate.
- Residents must check-out by swiping their Aquatics ID Card with the Aquatics Staff member stationed at the exit gate.
There are simple steps everyone can take to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses like COVID-19:
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.·
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.·
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick.·
– Stay home when you are sick.·
– Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.·
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Austin Public Health: http://austintexas.gov/COVID19
Texas Health and Human Services: https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
Check our Facebook Page and Twitter for up-to-date information on the pool including closures, special events, and general updates!
To receive direct emails or texts about pool closures, sign up through our RainedOut System here.
The Swim Center Aquatics Facility is located at 5919 La Crosse Avenue. This facility has an outdoor Olympic size pool that is heated and open year round. Our facility is great for those interested in competitive and lap swimming. There is a toddler pool, with a slide and water features at this facility. At the Swim Center, we provide a wide range of aquatics programming including group and private swim lessons, Masters swimming, and water aerobics. The Swim Center Aquatics Facility also contains a sand volleyball court, sports court, playscape and park, as well as the Circle C Cafe. You can reach the Swim Center by calling 512-288-6057 or by email at email@example.com.
Click here for our up-to-date Lane Schedule to find the best times to come for a swim!
The Community Center Aquatics Facility is located at 7817 La Crosse Avenue. This is a seasonal facility with a recreational pool. This facility has a large splash pad, water slide, and adult-only lagoon area. You can reach the Community Center pool by calling 512-301-8259 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Avaña Aquatics Facility is located at 6610 Trissino Drive. This is a seasonal facility with a recreational pool and two 25 yard lap lanes. This facility has a large splash pad and beach entry. You can reach the Avaña pool by calling 512-292-1518 or by email at email@example.com.
The Greyrock Aquatics Facility is located at 12500 Archeleta Boulevard. This is a seasonal facility with a recreational pool. This facility has a large deck area with plenty of tables and space to lounge around the water. You can reach the Greyrock pool by calling 512-291-8398 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.