ACC Frequently Asked Questions
According to the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions of the Circle C Homeowners Association, improvements to all single family homes and lots must be approved by the Architectural Control Committee prior to construction. The Architectural Control Committee (ACC) is appointed by the CCHOA Board of Directors.
- What projects need to be submitted to the ACC?
- All improvements, including, but not limited to, storage sheds, home additions, fencing changes, color changes to the exterior paint, play equipment, decks, arbors, gazebos, fence relocation, swimming pools, hot tubs, satellite dishes, playhouses, tree houses, walls, hardscape landscape improvements, substantial alterations to front yard landscape, and exterior alterations.
- Landscape improvements such as trees, flowers, shrubs, and general landscaping do not need to be approved. Fountains and pools must be approved.
- What is the timeline for review?
- The Architectural Control Committee has 30 days to review any plans submitted to the committee.
- Are any other permits required?
- The City of Austin may require a building permit and inspection. Your contractor will know this information or you can reference the City of Austin website at www.ci.austin.tx.us.
- How do I access my backyard for construction?
- Unless there is written permission from another landowner and the Architectural Control Committee, you must construction access for your project must be from your own lot. No access from landscaped commons areas, greenbelt or drainage areas, or any areas not owned by you is allowed without written permission from the land owner and the ACC.
- Does the CCHOA charge a review fee?
- Yes, the CCHOA charges a review fee according to the following schedule:
- Landscape plan revisions: $30.00
- Small projects (Play equipment, sheds, decks, arbors, patio covers, hot tubs): $30.00
- Pools: $75.00
- Home additions: $100.00
- For other projects not listed here, there is no fee involved in the ACC review.
- How do I submit a plan for review?
- Please read the guidelines for your specific project to ensure that your project is in compliance and that you have all of the required materials for submission.
- Determine if an ACC review fee is required. Checks should be made payable to the CCHOA. If you submit your project electronically, please drop off your check or mail it to the Circle C Community Center. No projects will be reviewed until the CCHOA has received your review fee.
- Submit your review electronically or click here to download the printable review form (click here to download the additional form for pool submissions). Be sure to attach a detailed drawing, blueprint or picture of the proposed alteration to the review committee.
You may submit your project via this website, fax (512-288-6488), email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping your request off at the Circle C Community Center located at 7817 La Crosse Ave, Austin Texas 78739 . If after hours, please use the drop-box located on the building to the left of the Community Center’s main entrance doors.
- How do I contact the Architectural Control Committee?
- At the current time, the Architectural Control Committee is comprised of AE Martin, Trent Rush and Laura Sherman. If you have any questions, you can contact the ACC via email at email@example.com.